Friday, September 24, 2004

Lords Seat

Sunday, 19th September

Dragged my husband up Lord’s Seat from Whinlatter Forest Centre; basically, because, having found a pretty way up the previous week, I wanted to see if I could remember it. This would be a good walk to do if it were raining, which it does often around here. There is a lot of cover under trees for most of the way and good paths underfoot.

Marcus did not get to fully enjoy the view from the summit however, because of the wind. It was so strong I thought I might be blown over. So I huddled against some rocks and watched Marcus lie against the wind. The icy fingers creeping through my light clothing gave me my first taste of winter – and reminded me to sort out gloves ‘n stuff.

Later, on the way back, we picked some bilberries for his incense-making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home