Saturday, December 11, 2004

A day in Edinburgh

Saturday, 27th November

I like Edinburgh: normally I like Edinburgh. But not today. Today it is noisy and crowded. So many people and I am tired. For some reason, since catching this bug in September I have not been able to sleep properly and so am tired most of the time. Wandering around Edinburgh for several hours in the cold, the wet and the crowds was not good. However, I will hasten to add that it is not Edinburgh's fault and that I hope to visit again when I am feeling better. Had lunch with Ricky's girlfriend - this is the first time we have met her - she is nice.
Parts of Edinburgh are very gothic, aren't they? Wandering around the old town I kept wanting to explore the dark, stepped alleyways between the tenaments, and see where they led.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home