Monday, June 20, 2005

January

Birthday

Great day: Over twenty people for party and lots of cool prezzies! Nell came up from Stafford for an overnight stay and Francis for the weekend from Lancaster. Lots of people bought us stuff to go onto our house-shrine, which was done up for Imbolc.

Have been wandering round florists all month trying to order snowdrops for the day but to no avail. Told a friend who assured me she would bring some. I was sort of after six or seven - you know - picked from a garden perhaps: she bought me a carton full, dug up from her local wood! I am pleased to say that I re-planted them in our garden a few days later. As well as being symbolic of hope for the coming spring etc. the first snowdrops always used to flower on my birthday when I was little so I felt quite disappointed when there were none in ours. Marcus and Nell came back from town however and told me that there were some - and guess where? Under Hecate's bush! (See 'In Search of Yew' - 30 October for reference).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home