Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Carlside

Tuesday, 2nd August

Ever since we climbed Dodd from Mirehouse last year and I saw the little stile on the left leading, well upwards into the mists of Skiddaw, I have wanted to go and investigate. It looks very steep and slippery but wasn't too bad at all. It was fun watching everyone scramble up the scree to Skiddaw but my route took me over Longside and Ullock. I wasn't looking forward to getting down the very top bit of Ullock, as I had difficulty a long time ago climbing up it. I did what I usually do when faced with steep scree and rocks of a descending nature: I sat on me bum and very carefully slid. It is true to say that I have come down many of the Cumbrian fells that way. I walked through the woods back to the Sawmill, just in time for a cup of tea and a coconut flapjack - mmmm!

I am pleased to say that one of my, 'going up fells I have not done before in order to tick them off', has finally been a success - I enjoyed this walk immensely. Also had fun sending photo messages to Marcus on my new phone. He read one out as he was in a meeting at work: Hav summited but brought rong map so good is not foggy - love B XXX And another to inform him that the peregrine chick has fledged- I saw the three of them for the first time this year. They fly over where we live sometimes dive-bombing the wood pidgins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home