Monday, November 07, 2005

Mosedale

Tuesday, 1st November

I like re-visiting places for which I have developed a fondness. Carrock Mine and the shooting hut on Lingy Hill are two of these places and I looked forward to seeing them again on my way to High Pike. High Pike summit was interesting in that it was crowded with - stuff. A shelter, a stone bench a trig point. The only thing that marred it for me was that I was in a rush to get back to the shooting hut as I had left 'two-step' (my walking stick and dearest walking companion) there and did not want anyone to take her!
I returned just in time to meet a small crowd of walkers from St. Martin's College being taken a guided walk. I had seen a small bus drop them off earlier. They too were making for High Pike and then on to Hudscales Farm, where they were going to camp. They were very pleasant and we all signed the Guest Book.
The weather held mainly. It rained a few times but just in five-minute bursts. Sometimes it was sunny at the same time! Enjo the photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home