Saturday, May 20, 2006

Fellbarrow - and Broughton in Furness?

Wednesday, 29th March

We are moving house in three days and I can't believe how stressed I am. It's not as if don't want this move - far from it. It is a dream come true: a white-washed cottage in a wood half-way up a mountain overlooking the river - I can hardly belive it to tell the truth. And here I am re-attempting Fellbarrow that I missed last week. I have gone up a different route - from thackthwiate. No parking so a long walk to the fell. I am feel very distracted and have not enjoyed this walk at all. Got to the top, took one brief look round and descended without even a picture. Tried to play some music on i-pod to calm down but could not listen to anything. Will feel better when I have moved I think.

Evening

Returned home and had small crisis with superglue i.e. got it all over fingers. Thought of solution however without having to resort to hospital visit (I had some pure acetone in the bathroom). Was applying this with cotton-wool when phone rang. It was Marcus to say that his car had broken down and would I please pick him up from - Broughton-in-Furness? I should say that by this time I had a splitting headache but made the journey, diving into the pub for a pint as soon as I arrived.

What a day. And in three more - we move . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home