Saturday, August 05, 2006

Knott

Sunday, 30th July

The climb up Steel Ward nearly ended in disaster owing to the steepness at the top. It was pure hand-over-feet climbing up there and Marcus only followed me once I had made it and convinced him that it was flat. We then had to wade through high grass to make it up to Knott. Fortunately this was dry owing to the hot weather. Walked back via Great Scafell and Little Scafell and then on to Brae Fell before reaching the fell road back to Fell Side Farm.

I am glad I managed the climb today. It is good practice for Scafell, which we are aiming to do some time this year.

This is another one of those special places for me. The track from Fell Side to Roughton Gill fascinates me, perhaps because of all the mining which has taken place around there.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home