Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Glenridding Dodd

Ullswater from the summitGlenridding Valley - showing Keldas, Hartsop-above-How and Grey Crag in the distance.

Sheffield Crag from Glenridding Dodd.


Seldom Seen (well now I have) :)


Monday, 30th January

I have been meaning to climb this fell for some time but the ascent from Glenridding looked steep and I was feeling a bit lazy and fancied something a bit more easy-going. I parked at the small car-park near Glencoyne Farm and took the path through the farm onto the cart-track. Past Seldom Seen cottages, which was good because I had never seen then before and wondered what they looked like and then, turning left at the stile, I followed the wall up the fell to the ridge where both paths to Glenridding Dodd and Sheffield Pike could clearly be seen. On the way back I missed the farm and continued on the cart track to the road. This way passed directly under Stybarrow Crag and was far more interesting, pretty and easier to walk than going through the farm. A track alongside the lake took me back to the road and the car-park.

I think this is a walk I might consider taking other people on: it wasn't too high or difficult and had wonderful views from the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home