Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer Solstice

Tuesday, 21st June

I cannot describe how wonderful it is to be living in this wood. Going to sleep with the sound of the river through the open window; the last thing I see as I close my eyes is the moonlight on the trees and the first thing when I awake, the heron sweeping along the water. As soon as I step outside I can smell green and earth and flowers. I hope we can live near here forever; I do not think I could cope with a street again.

It is hot and sultry and full of the scents of summer. Think earth, think fire, think Pan - it is all making me feel rather horny. . .

Took a quick visit to the stone circle on this very special evening: glowing, was the way I would describe them today - but entirely different to Samhain (see entry: Samhain - 31st October, 2004).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home