Monday, November 07, 2005

A Lady who Lunches

Friday, 4th November

I have been, 'a lady who lunches', again today - this time with my hairdresser, Lyn. We went to Mayson's, where my son works on Sundays. Good food, reasonable price, pleasant surroundings. We have been meaning to get together for a while but my headaches and colds have always got in the way.
I have had a good day today, finally getting somewhere with my journal/disertation I am currently working on for MA. When I returned home I found an e-mail from 'Footsteps' editor at BBC History Magazine asking the three North-West contributors if they wanted to do a feature on Carnforth Railway Station for their Valentine section in February. I wrote back straight away with a photo, explaining that I had already suggested this place for another footsteps feature and so had the required information. I am just waiting to hear if I got the commission. I have not had any paid writing work for some time now (have been concentrating on MA work and short-stories book) so this will pay for my son's eighteenth birthday present - he's having a tatoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home