Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gowbarrow

Sunday, 5th February

We have both put on so much weight over the holidays that we have decided to make an all-out concerted effort to walk every week-end, even if the weather is not so good. It has not been at all bad recently however - cold but dry.
Gowbarrow is a small hill overlooking Ullswater at the base of which lies Aria Force. I thought if we took the longer walk, which leads around its base, it would not be quite so arduous, which was a good thing because Marcus had a bad tummy today. It was lovely to see Aria Force again after so many years but I missed High Force because Marcus wanted to return the way we had come, thinking it would be less strenuous than a straight descent down Green Hill.
I enjoyed the walk today but found the last section very tiring. It will be better once I have lost that weight I am sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home