Saturday, May 20, 2006

Blawith and Burney

Monday, 10th April

Went to work with Marcus so he could pick up his car (now repaired). Decided to utilise the location and climb one of the, Outlying Fells, which I am trying to complete as well as the other Wainwrights. Decided on Burney (it was near to Grizebeck) and tootled off. Told Ricky that I would be back just after lunch but I thought the moor looked interesting and so, armed with map and compass I trotted over it. I reached the foot of Blawith about an hour later and thought I might as well climb it as I was there . . . Returned to Burney eventually and climbed that and then drove to Ambleside where I parked and had an ice cream and a coffee, bought some stuff at a hardware shop and then came home - later than expected.

Blawith nice - Burney, boring plod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home