Sunday, May 21, 2006

Walna Scar

Friday, 19th May

Got up with Marcus who dropped me off at Torver, on his way to work. It was already raining heavily on the way but stopped just after Coniston. Made it to the shelter before it began again. Lots of people going up Brown Pike/Dow Crag. We all marched up to the top of the pass in the mist and the hail and the wind and then, everyone turned right and I turned left. Found the cairn easily but did not fancy my chances of finding White Maiden or White Peak along a pathless moor in such bad weather so I came back and had half a pint of Bluebird at Coniston and a vanilla coffee and piece of egg custard at Ambleside (you have to do something whilst waiting for the damn buses). I love walking in the Coniston Fells, they have a real friendly feel about them, especially the Old Man - like visiting a favourite Uncle when you were young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home