Saturday, July 15, 2006

Great End

Wednesday, 5th July

Walked up to Sprinkling Tarn and across the ridge of Seathwaite Fell. By the time I got back to Sprinkling Tarn again I had been walking for over three hours and really, if I'd done my maths, I might have realised that, going back then would have resulted in a five-hour walk at least. But I looked up at Great End and I thought, well I'm here now and so is it.

Eight hours it took me - eight hours! Can't walk now the back of my knees have gone all stiff.

I hadn't realised just how great, Great End is - another half and hour and I could have been on top of Scafell Pike!

Amazing views to Eskdale, Langdale and Borrowdale. Good to actually sit in the shelter at Esk Hause after having seen it in the mist during our Glaramarra Trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home