Friday, July 21, 2006

Shopping with PMT

Friday, 14th July

It started before I left Keswick - at the bottom of our lane - when I changed gear from second to first without using the clutch. I then drove to Penrith. It is very difficult to stall my car (as demonstated by the gear-changing incident earlier). She tends to overrun. I did manage it though - twice as I entered the car-park. I then had lunch, walked around the shops and ended up at fancy-dress shop, where I bought some silver wings, a silver crown and a wand and a face mask. It was sometime before this that I realised that I had forgotten to get a parking ticket.

How relieved I was to find that I had not been spotted; so relieved that I started the car without realising it was still in gear. The car jumped forward, I was to far away to reach the brakes (I had not yet pulled my seat up) I held my breath, and I and my car ended up a few inches from the back of a gleaming bright red MGM sports car.

I still had to go to the Farm Shop at Stainton and Booths at Keswick before I could finally drive home and I was thinking that there was potentially a whole catalogue of disasters waiting for me along the way. I managed to get back without anything else happening however, only to find that I had been driving around all day with my passenger-door unlocked!

Spent the evening with Lyn and Talia, which was lovely. We had a lovely meal and then Talia showed me around their garden and we walked to the end of the mill-race drinking our coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home