Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pan's Place

Little Langdale Tarn

Slater Bridge

A crowd gathered just as we left

Inside Cathedral Cave

Hodge close Quarry

Pool at Holme Fell


Colwith Force
Tuesday, 22nd May
Took Francis to my all-time favourite place today. Started at Elterwater, where I had difficulty finding a parking place (early rising for walks from now till September). Sat by the old Slater Bridge for lunch; just in time as it happened as just as we were leaving it was inundated by a very large group of people. On to Cathedral Cave and then up to Hodge Close and Holme Fell.
There are two trees down at the shrine I once made to Pan which have almost completely obliterated it. The only piece I could find was some ribbons tied around a Birch.
Walked down to Colwith Force on the way back. Must have been early spring or autumn last time I went because I remember being able to see the top of the fall and now it is blocked by trees covered in bright green leaves.
Wonderful day followed by a trip to Lynne's where I got very drunk. We all ended up trying on some wigs she has (no photos available).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home