Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Fall of the House of Usherette

Tuesday, 22nd November

Have just been to see a very strange play at The Theatre by the Lake. It is our friend Lynne's birthday and she arranged for us all to go see it with her. I'm still not sure if I liked it very much. I guess any review I give will be terribly flawed as it is not the sort of thing I would have gone to on my own accord. It was clever, it has to be said - the set design and the props were magnificent. I think the script was ok but I am not at all sure of the ending. Having had my own writing heavily critiqued on my MA, I think I have earned the right to say, no, the ending was a cop-out. I wanted the main character to escape, after all the energy I had put into making him real inside my head for the duration. I felt cheated. I was expecting something intelligent and unexpected at the last moment. Anyhow, eveyone came back to ours for tea and homemade flapjacks - the flaps didn't disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home