Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Clough Head - Third Attempt!

Wednesday, 8th February

I thought, if I make another attempt but from a different starting point altogether, then at least I will get some fell done as well as having a good chance at finally getting up the elusive Clough Head. This worked. I climbed Great Rigg from a small car park near Dacre and then from there it was an easy walk over to Watson's Dodd and then back to Great Rigg for the final ascent of Clough Head. The icy grass on the tops was particularly appealing but not the icy blast - God it was cold when you sat. So, did little sitting and lots of walking. Wainwright wrote that he was surprized that the sheep in this area had not evolved webbed feet. I can now understand why. How I wish the ground had been frozen on the lower slopes - slush, slush, squelch, squelch. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home