Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lancaster

Monday, 12th February

Drove down to Lancaster this morning for the next meeting of the Lunesdale Writing Group. We meet every month to critique each other's work and discuss other writing matters. Most of the members have MA's in writing or are published authors. I met most of them during the writing course I completed before starting my MA. The standard of work is therefore exceptionally high and a pleasure to read and work through.

After the meeting I had a coffee with Nick and then bumped into Francis, who I had arranged to meet much later - he was in the same restaurant having lunch with some friends.

Did some shopping - nothing exciting - and then walked back to the car-park carrying a huge book Marcus wanted for his birthday (27th January). Drove to Francis's and spent a happy hour or two sitting in his large bay window drinking tea and chatting. You can see all the way to Black combe from there and the Old Man of Coniston. I always remember this when I am up there and jump up and down waving in case Francis is looking out - (he would need a telescope to see me mind).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home