Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wastwater Screes

Yewbarrow, Kirk Fell and Great Gable from the top of Whin Rigg
Looking down into Wasdale Head
Burnmoor Tarn - Bothy on the far right bank

Saturday, 26th June
Didn't see much of the Screes actually on this walk as I was walking on top of them. Started from Eskdale, walking through Miterdale forest onto Irton Fell and then across the summits of Whin Rigg and Illgill Head. Walked past Burnmoor Tarn, which I have never seen before. And ooh I would like to stay at the Bothy on the edge of it. I think it is probably more remote than Skiddaw House - just sitting there on the edge of the tarn with the flank of Scafell at its side.
The walk back down the valley was - long. So was the drive - thought I would fall asleep, especiall in the forty-mile-an-hour zone going through Whitehaven.
Lovely walk though and wonderful weather. I am enjoying exploring parts of the Lake District I haven't seen before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home