Friday, August 19, 2005

Blackpool

Friday, 12th August

A friend of mine recently told me that at the age of ten she decided that Blackpool was a place she never intended to visit - ever - and she never has. One can see why I guess - Blackpool can be very tacky at times but I have ever so many fond memories of the place, which is why I enjoy re-visiting from time to time.

We were booked into a themed-room guest house, which I found very embarrassing because the whole idea (written in great letters on a sign at the front of the house) reminded me of some sort of brothel! The room did not however; with twin bunk-beds in front of the lavishly decked four-poster showing its intention of being a family room really. It was quite fun waking up to the silky ceiling and the large wooden, painted elephant under the window.

My ankle held up well. I managed to hobble down the North Pier (I bought candy-floss) and in the evening even made it as far as: Funny Girls. We love this place - wonderful DJ and marvellous dancing - great fun. We were too tired for night-clubs later than twelve so we trotted off back to our silken tent and fell straight asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home