Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Raven Crag

Thursday, 13th October

I really wasn't sure if I had actually climbed this crag before and now - having done it again, perhaps, I am still not - sure that is. I am remembering a long very steep climb through narrow snow-soaked grass and although I do remember reaching a cairn of sorts, I am not sure if I reached the very top. There is a cairn marked on the map half-way up. Today the weather has been dry for the first time in ages and when the sun decided to peek out of the clouds, it was delightful. Raven crag (today) is very pretty, which surprized me, given my aforementioned memories. It now has wide paths - some covered in small wooden bridges over the boggy bits! It was all very pleasant and the top almost magical. It is somewhere I should like to take friends, somewhere I should like to have a picnic upon in the summer.

Forgot camera again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home