Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Lonscale Fell

Thursday, 29th September

Had planned to do this walk from home but as I was late getting up I decided to drive to the car park at the top of Latrigg thus cutting out a good couple of hours off the walk. It was a dull day today and I kept wondering whether to put on waterproofs or not in anticipation of the rain that was spitting in the air. After the fitful burst of rain came soft sunshine which appeared momentarily through grey clouds. The ground was not as boggy underfoot as I had expected. Found the summit without much difficulty. The view from the false summit a little way ahead was unexpected and quite wonderful; I think the all of the Lake District fells could be seen from her - from High Street in the East to the ones around Loweswater in the West. It was a shame there was not enough light to make a photograph worthwhile.