Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Troutbeck

Troutbeck Valley
Further along showing, Threshthwaite Mouth, The tops of Froswick & Ill Bell in cloud and Yoke.

Friday, 2nd March
"Sour Howes is a fell with no obvious appeal to walkers," writes Wainwright in his Guide to the Far Eastern Fells and I am afraid I have to agree. I had planned to walk both Sour Howes and Sallows before attempting the great ridge of Yoke, Ill Bell and Froswick but as usual, I started out too late and had to return after Sallows. I have never been further down the Troutbeck Valley than the NT house at Town End, so in the end, the drive became more of an adventure than the walk. It was interesting seeing fells I had not seen before and looking at others from a different vantage. Troutbeck valley is quite beautiful and I am looking forward to exploring a little more in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home