Friday, March 09, 2007

Troutbeck - 2

Thursday, 8th March

Wanted to finish what I started last week and climb the three peaks that edge the left side of Troutbeck Valley: Yoke, Ill Bell and Froswick. The walk to Garburn Pass still seemed to take an age, although I think I was walking faster than I did last week because of its familiarity. Stopped off for a wander through the quarry (I like quarries) which also took up some time.

Once up, the walk took off very quickly and it seemed like no time at all before I was coming down again. Couldn't believe how easy the descent was (Scott Rake) - think this would make the easiest way up for High Street.

Coming off Ill Bell was a bit tricky at the top but other than that this ridge makes a very pleasant walk. The views are stupendous - all the way round - and makes all the effort worthwhile.

Only drawback worth mentioning is the long walk to the Pass and the equally long walk back along the valley of Troutbeck. Troutbeck Tongue looks really pretty from the front and Threshthwaite Mouth a challenge - can't wait. Want to go noooooww! ! !

PS: No camera as Marcus has taken it to Amsterdam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home