Thursday, April 26, 2007

Birkhouse Moor

Castycam from Hole-in-the-Wall

Is this the Easter Bunny atop the cairn?
Birkhouse Moor Summit Cairn

Ullswater from halfway down Birkhouse Moor

Saturday, 7th April

Didn't realize that I was out of petrol until it was too late and so had to drive to Penrith before slipping down to Ullswater. Holiday traffic ridiculous; two drivers beeped at me!

Could not find a parking place at Glenridding so drove to Patterdale. Eventually managed to find a place but then found myself on the wrong path for the first hour! Got onto the right one only to have some apparently concerned person tell me that I was going up a bit late (it was 2p.m. )! He wanted to know where I was planning to go. It's amazing isn't it; you go out for some peace and quiet . . . and people wonder why some fellwalkers prefer their own company - if only!

Finished climb to, 'hole-in-the-wall' and continued on to Birkhouse Moor, sending Ricky a text on the way. (Strange, but I often find myself texting my son whilst walking across some bleak fell-top or another). Came down the way I attempted the climb a few weeks' ago and then walked from Lanty's Tarn across Glenamara Park back to Patterdale.

I did enjoy this walk - eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home