Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Iona

Nunnery Ruins

Abbey Cloisters
The North Beach

Sunday, 17th June

Caravan wonderful, tucked away in the back of Seaview's garden. There is a beach just outside the house and a lovely view of Iona, which is only five minutes away by a small ferry. We have a shop one side of us and a pub the other, so there is everything we need.

Have headache but it hasn't stopped me enjoying seeing this truly magical isle for the first time.

I was impressed with the modern artwork in the cloisters in the Abbey and how the old arcitecture lends itself to twentieth century living. But there was a service going on when we arrived and I'm afraid as soon as the praying started my stomach turned over. Preferred the ruins of the old Nunnery where a garden had been planted

Up Dun I next and then onto the Northern Beach, with it's white, white sand and blue sea. There were about six couples on the beach and we were told that this is crowded for summer!

On the way back I bumped into Phillip Macloud Coupe, head of the Lakes Artists' Society. A wonderful gentleman that I had the privilege of modelling for some years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home